The boat is a completely new design based on experience and modern technology. She is 80 feet long with an exceptionally efficient hull, and is designed and constructed in the UK from aluminium. She has been designed by the renowned naval architect Professor Bob Cripps, who was the Engineering Manager at the RNLI for 18 years before his roles as Technical Director at VT Halmatic and Director of the Engineering College for BAE Systems Surface Ships. The Professor was the design specialist behind the latest classes of RNLI lifeboats, and his knowledge, coupled with Alan’s exceptional experiences of ocean adventure, led to the creation of this exceptional 80ft super boat.
• Length 80 ft
• Internal beam 13 ft
• External Beam 16 ft
• Draft 30 inches
• Build weight 15 tons
• Fuel capacity 30,000 litres
• Range 4000 NM
Engines – 2 x Fiat PowerTrain C13 500. 6 Cylinders in line Diesel. 500 HP @ 2000 rpm
Water Jets – 2 x Castoldi Turbo Drive 490 HC with in built reduction gear and electronic neutral clutch
Main Steering – Castoldi electric / hydraulic
Navigation Station – Raymarine
General description moving from aft-forward
• 80 ft of advanced design. Full walk-in engine room
• 4 full size bunks in aft cabin with separate toilets and shower
• Wheel house. 20 ft x 10 ft full size galley and seating for 12 persons.
• 1 driving position 1 navigating position.
• 2 single cabins with full size beds
• Toilet and shower
• Double cabin with shared facilities
• Workshop and stores
• Chain locker